If you are interested in my previous post about why you should apply to JENESYS 2016, then here are the few steps to that ultimate goal:
1. Fill in NYC Application Form
2. Fill in NYC Volunteers Application Form (for first-time applicants only)
3. Fill in JENESYS 2016: Economics Application Form
4. Write an essay about your educational background and how being part of the program will help your studies
5. Obtain a copy of the Official School Registration Form or Certification from Dean or College Secretary that the applicant is a bonafide student
6. Obtain a copy of your valid passport
Where to get these forms? Simply visit the National Youth Commission website.
You see, the application is mostly filling in some forms and explaining how this program will help you as a student. As simple as one, two, three, right? But before that here are some qualifications for Youth Delegates:
• Filipino citizen, single, 18 – 30 years old
• Philippine passport holders (valid until 6months of travel)
• Currently-enrolled college or masteral students
• With educational background in any of the following: Economics, Business Administration, International Economics, and Development Economics
• Mentally and physically fit to travel
• Can communicate in English; Japanese language proficiency an advantage
• Be able to attend the pre-departure briefing at the NYC head office and the program proper
• Delegates will shoulder their travel expenses from their residence (province) to NAIA and back, as well as their accommodation in Manila for the pre-departure briefing.
• The organizer will shoulder the delegates’ international airfare (Manila-Tokyo-Manila) and travel tax/terminal fee, as well as their food, accommodation, and local transportation in Japan.
The following are automatically disqualified:
• Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from June 27, 2014 – June 27, 2016 whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer; and
• Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from June 27, 2015 – June 27, 2016 whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer.
• JENESYS, KIZUNA, or SSEAYP alumni
• Alumni of all Japanese Government-sponsored scholarship, conference, cultural exchange, or training programs
• Applicants who have been to Japan, whether as a student, tourist, or an OFW, and stayed in the country for three months or more
How to send your applications:
• FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject heading should be in accordance to the program you intend to join. See NYC website for details)
• FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
• FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
• Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail address.
This program is not exclusive for students alone. However, you need to have the invitation from a government office to participate in this program.