The Philippine archipelago comprises of 7,107 wonderful islands, one of which is Guimaras. Located in the Western Visayas region, Guimaras island is a favored destination by both local and foreign tourists because of its bountiful marine life and pristine beaches.
My previous blog, Half Day Tour in Guimaras will tell you about how to get to Guimaras and getting around the island. This blog will tell you more about island hopping.
Months after we visited Guimaras for a half day land tour, we revisited the island to witness the beauty of its untouched beaches. We rented a multicab to deliver us in Raymen Beach Resort, starting point for the island hopping.
- 10:30-11:00am Ride Parola Port in Iloilo to Guimaras Port
- 11:00-11:30am Rent a multicab
- 11:00-12:30pm Lunch in a Carenderia
- 12:30-1:30pm Raymen Beach Resort
- 2:00-5:00pm Island Hopping
- 5:00-6:00pm Multicab back to Guimaras Port
- 6:00-6:15pm Travel back to Iloilo
Rates for the island hopping are as follows:
- 6 persons or less: P400 for 1st hour + P150 per succeeding hour
- More than 6 up to10 persons: P500 for 1st hour +P150 per succeeding hour
- More than 10 up to 50 persons: P2,000 + P500 per succeeding hour
Raymen Beach Resort in Alubihod Bay
From Guimaras port, we went to Raymen Beach Resort. This is where we booked our island hopping package.
Our first stop was the Ave Maria Island. It was so private since nobody was around. We took so many photos here and luckily our boatmen know our cameras very well.
From Ave Maria, we went to Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center or SEAFDEC Research Station. This is a breeding stocks of milkfish and groupers that are decades-old, and is the site of a agriculture park.
One of the islets I really love in Guimaras is this Baras Cave. Amazingly, our boat got inside this tiny cave. Just like all other caves it has different stalagmites and stalactites and bat colonies hanging from the cave ceiling.
After which, we went to an islet called Turtle Island. This is used to be a turtle sanctuary; however turtles were already freed. Nonetheless, one turtle is left wherein a nylon string is attached so it could not swim any farther and tourist can take a photo with it. Sadly, the freedom of this turtle cost Php 5 per person.
Natago Beach Resort
Our last stop was Natago Beach Resort wherein we had our cliff diving.